Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) involves an ongoing campaign to improve your ranking for specific search terms (words or phrases) within Google and other search engines.
Here's a helpful video from Google Guru Matt Cutts that explains the basis of how search works – and implies some of the strategies SEO relies upon.
How Search Engines work
Search Engine Optimisation is a process designed to affect the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine's "natural" or un-paid ("organic") search results. Search engines rank websites according to many variables which principally fall into two main categories:
The relevance of a website to a given search will determine if it is to be included in the results. It has to do with the structure of the code and text on the website, known as "on page factors".
The credibility of the website will determine how close to the top of the page the website will be listed. It is primarily the product of references to the website in the wider internet, known as "off page factors".
Key Benefits of our approach to SEO
Everything flows from where we decide to place our focus. Many of the methods and metrics used by competing providers don't have the correct focus and are therefore less likley to succeed. We choose to focus on the result that most clearly impacts your bottom line – how many site visitors are getting in touch with you. While a great website undoubtedly offers additional value as a brand presence that improves trust (amongst other purposes), people getting in touch is what is most tangible as a result.
While we do report on improvements to Google ranking positions, we see this as a requirement and a means to our ultimate end. Improved ranking positions generally means more traffic.
However, we want to ensure that we generate not just increased traffic, but increased relevant traffic. This is the critical area where most campaigns fail.
Increased relevant traffic should lead to increased "conversions" on your website. Conversions can be defined as (for example): clicks on your phone number, or certain web-form submissions. Conversions on a website is a metric we are able to monitor and report on. It is also the closest possible indicator that site visitors are getting in touch with you.
Focussing our efforts on ensuring the right people are targeted means more relevant traffic and therefore more qualified site visitors getting in touch with you.
Keyword and Market Research
Complete competitor Analysis, market research and data analysis through in-house tools. Google Analytics analysis and Keyword analysis to look for high traffic and keywords that are most likely to lead to a conversion / sale / desired action.
Review of website content, within the context of the strategic brief. Examination of site code to ensure meta titles, tags, page-speed, site and URL infrastructure are optimal. Optimising a website may involve editing its content, HTML and associated coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines. Promoting a site to increase the number of backlinks (inbound links from 3rd party websites) is another SEO tactic.
SEO often leverages the concept of Local Search Optimisation to provide more relevant visitors and a more cost-effective campaign. Local search typically offers the best value for practices. We have the ability to increase visitation from people searching within your local geographic area, this helps drive relevant traffic to your website. An effective method of improving local search is to create and optimise Google My Business (GMB) based on a chosen geographical location. GMB allows detailed information about your business to be created for each location that you practice in, including data such as opening hours, location, link to call and visit website. It helps customers find you while placing you more effectively in search results. GMB is generally underutilised and therefore offers a strategic marketing opportunity for many practices.
Roll out of the campaign strategy through the application of research analysis, technical optimisation and content development. Realtime performance analysis from internal reporting tools.
Monitoring trend fluctuations, industry changes and search engine algorithm updates. Modifying the campaign over time to suit changing conditions (or altering strategic approach) if necessary. Provision of clear monthly reporting to client.
Build Brand Authority
Remove low-quality and potentially problematic links from 3rd party websites wherever possible. Build search engine trust by linking to other relevant authoritative websites and our trusted industry partners.
On Page SEO Strategy
- Undertake full content audit, looking into internal and external duplicate content issues as well as content cannibalisation issues – both types of problems both can significantly damage search engine performance.
- Review, recommend and implement internal linking strategy for improved indexing ability.
- Create new content or landing pages if necessary – in order to meet campaign objectives. Such content is assessed to ensure it meets the needs of the practice more generally.
- Review page title structure and revise syntax to ensure consistency.
- Reduce page load time through optimising scripts and images to increase indexing speed and page views.
- Review and rewrite page meta descriptions to remove duplication and promote click through rate.
- Increase relevancy of on page content through effective keyword placement. Effective use of header tag distribution through design template and content in line with web standards.
- Seek to optimise all on-page ranking factors for all pages.
- Review website architecture to ensure minimisation of duplicate content and search engine friendly URL paths where possible.
- Ensure efficient search engine indexation by amending any broken / redirected URLs, executing a XML sitemap strategy and implementing webmaster tools to closely monitor current and future issues that could impact on quality of website for SEO.
Off Page SEO Strategy
- Undertake full off-site audit, and disavow any incoming links that may harm ranking performance.
- Work with client to identify opportunities to update relevant 3rd party websites with accurage information and links to the website.
- Competitor link profile analysis to define and target optimum links.
- Identify and capitalise on missed link opportunities available through current offsite marketing / PR activity.
- Directory submission to major and niche directories around relevant categories.
- Quality resource links will be sourced to assist long term organic growth.
- Targeted sites to be of related industries in nature.
- Prefer links from .com.au and .com sites where possible.
- High quality, themed links.
Measuring and Analysing Campaign Success
- Keyword position via Google Search Console.
- Total website traffic via Google Analytics.
- Organic traffic via Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Site behaviour interpreted via Google Analytics.
- Conversion tracking using "Funnels" via Google Analytics (if relevant).
For SEO campaigns to be successful, your website must offer a solid foundation to build on – or it could simply be wasted expense. For this reason we only offer SEO services to current clients with websites created by Online Medical.
SEO Campaigns must run for a minimum 6 month period – as it does take some time and ongoing effort to start to see good results.
Ask us about our Performance Guarantee – which is an uncommon but important way to assure ROI.
Contact us to discuss your requirements, or request a proposal.